Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Second Season

It appears the second season is upon us. I spent 30 minutes in Backcast Fly Shop yesterday. It wasn't my intention to spend that long, nor was I planning a leisurely browse of the store. I actually was hurrying, but wanted to buy this years hunting licenses.
What I found when I walked inside was a lengthy line at the register and more people lookinh through the wares.
There were three fly fishermen lamenting over the latest version of their favorite reel, which it seems isn't as durable as the model it replaced. One was having his reel replaced and re-wound with fresh line.
Another young man was looking for patching material for his waders, and I offered a suggestion based on my own battles with leaky boots. He later asked me where he might buy new waders locally. Others were selecting various bits of tackle.
All this at 4:30 pm on a Tuesday in September! This is a great indication that our heathy fisheries are of great value to our region.
I was pleased to see that folks were still travelling to our area to take advantage of our resources, and contributing to our economy while they were here!

Posted while mobile

No comments: